Santi Cazorla's magic goes beyond numbers. Despite that, the 35-year-old midfielder from Asturias continues to make history as a Villarreal living legend every time he puts on the shirt.
After his brace against Getafe CF, the magician has become the top Spanish goalscorer for Villarreal in the top flight, equaling Víctor Fernández's 39 goals.
These are the stats that make him a living legend:
- He is the third highest LaLiga goalscorer for Villarreal CF with 56 goals. He is only three away from Diego Forlán's 59 goals for the club.ç
- He is the player with the fourth most official appearances in Villarreal CF history (331). Only Bruno Soriano, Mario Gaspar and Marcos Senna are ahead of him.
- The 2019/20 season is his highest goalscoring season of his career (15). With Villarreal CF, he has scored 10 goals in LaLiga and four in the Copa del Rey. He has also scored once for Spain.
- He is the midfielder with the most assists in LaLiga, with eight.
- He is the midfielder with the second most goals in LaLiga, with ten.
- He is the midfielder who has directly contributed to the most goals in LaLiga - 18 (ten goals and eight assists).
- He is the top goalscorer from the penalty spot in LaLiga this season. He has scored 100% of his penalties this season, totalling eight goals.