Villarreal CF and FC Barcelona face each other at the Estadio de la Cerámica in Vila-real on Sunday (10pm CEST, live on LaLigaTV in the UK) on Matchday 34 of LaLiga Santander.
Ahead of the clash we look at some key statistics:
- Villarreal have only lost twice at home in the league in 2019/20, two of them against the two sides at the bottom of the table (Leganés and Espanyol), which is the lowest stage of home defeats at this stage of the season since the 2015/16 season, where they had only lost two games at home before Matchday 34.
- Barcelona have lost in their last two visits to the Region of Valencia this season, against Levante and Valencia. They haven't lost three games in the Region of Valencia in a row since 1960.
- Villarreal player Gerard Moreno has been directly involved in five goals in his last five games at La Cerámica in LaLiga (three goals and two assist), only one less than his previous 13 games at home in the league (six: four goals and two assists).
- Santi Cazorla has been directly involved in a goal in his last two games in LaLiga against FC Barcelona, totalling a goal and an assist.
- Barcelona have conceded seven penalties in LaLiga in the 2019/20 season (conceding six goals), their highest number in a league campaign since 2007/08 (11).