The Yellows have organised a FIFA 20 competition, which will see the participation of eight LaLiga clubs
Villarreal CF has unveiled Toreno PAMESA Cerámica, an eSports tournament, where eight LaLiga clubs will face off in FIFA 20. As well as the Yellows, the following official eSports sides will take part: RCD Espanyol, Levante UD, Getafe CF, Granada CF, Real Betis, RC Celta and SD Eibar.
The Yellow Submarine will be represented by its official CVF eSports player Ralfitita, who was runner-up in the eLaLiga Santander tournament, which saw more than 3,000 gamers take part. Villarreal's eSport's team's games will be shown on the club's official Twitch channel: CVF ESPORTS
The tournament will take place on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th April with knockout ties over two legs, except the final, which will be over just one game. Should there be a draw in the two matches, added time will be played, and if it is still all square, there will be a penalty shootout. The draw will take place tomorrow.
To know more about the tournament, click here: TORNEO PAMESA
The rules are as follows:
Make-up of teams
- The general rating of the teams must be 86 or below, as the game shows at the start of the match.
- The teams can have a total of 4 icons, including on the bench.
- A player with a rating of above 86 is not allowed on the bench.
- All players of each team, including those on the bench, need to have a general rating of at least 75.
- Training articles are strictly prohibited.
- Loan players are strictly prohibited.
- FIFA 20 Pro Player cards are strictly prohibited.
Format of the tournament
- All the games will be played on private servers.
- All the ties, except the final, will be over two legs.
- Should there be a draw in the two matches, there will be extra time and then penalties.
Schedule of the games
The games will take place on Wednesday and Thursday, starting at 6pm CET, with the finals scheduled for 7:45pm CET on the Thursday.