Two out of two. Villarreal U23 won their second consecutive match in the Premier League International Cup (0-3) against West Ham United tonight at Dagenham & Redbridge's stadium in England. This time, the Yellow Submarine picked up three points thanks to a hat-trick by centre forward Adrià Dalmau.
The Yellows dominated from start to finish, knocking the ball around quickly and making the home side chase the game from the start, as Dalmau’s first goal came after just 15 seconds of play. The Yellows number 9 made the most of his chances to put three past the Hammers and secure another three points for Villarreal U23 in the Group stage of this prestigious international tournament.
The Yellows U23 next match is against Tottenham Hotspur U23 on Tuesday 14th November at Stevenage FC (8pm CET).
West Ham United U23: Matrevics; Johnson, Pask, Wells, Neufville, Makasi (Henry, m. 70), Coventry, Powell, Diangana (Lewis, m. 65), Holland and Martínez (Jahmal, m. 45).
Villarreal U23: Diego Fuoli; Genís, Ramón Bueno, Pau, Quintillà; Fran Álvarez (Akale, m. 68), Lozano, Morlanes, Pedrito (Leandro, m. 84); Simón and Dalmau (Migue m. 74).
Goals: 0-1. Min. 1: Dalmau. 0-2. Min. 36: Dalmau. 0-3. Min. 70: Dalmau.
Referee: Alan Dale. Cautioned: Neufville for West Ham and Morlanes for Villarreal.
Stadium: Dagenham & Redbridge.
The groups for the 2017/18 competition are:
- Group A: Sparta Praha, Liverpool, Newcastle United and PSV Eindhoven.
- Group B: Hertha BSC, Legia Warsaw, Leicester City and Sunderland.
- Group C: Derby County, GNK Dinamo Zagreb, Everton and VfL Wolfsburg.
- Group D: Athletic Club Bilbao, Celtic FC, Manchester United and Swansea City.
- Group E: Arsenal, FC Bayern Munich, FC Porto and Reading.
- Group F: Villarreal CF, SL Benfica, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.
The Yellows fixtures in Group F are as follows (time in Spain):
- Wednesday 20th September: Villarreal U23-SL Benfica U23 (3-2).
- Wednesday 4th October: West Ham United U23-Villarreal U23 (0-3).
- Tuesday 14th November: Tottenham Hotspur U23-Villarreal U23 (8pm CEST, Stevenage FC).