What a success. Villarreal CF received five awards at the 23rd Provincial Sports Gala held last night at the Hotel Luz Castellón under great anticipation. More than 200 people attended the event organised by the Castelló Sports Press Association, during which sporting achievements from the best athletes from the province throughout 2019 were recognised, as well as the work of clubs, managers and coaches.
A total of 45 awards were presented and five of them went to Villarreal CF:
- Pau Francisco Torres (special mention for his senior international cap with Spain)
- U19s (special mention for their League and Copa del Rey double)
- Villarreal Women (special mention for their promotion to Reto Iberdrola)
- Aixa Salvador (award for the most promising sportswoman - Trofeo Víctor Cabedo)
- Núria Sánchez ‘Mulán’ (award for the best female footballer from the province who has retired)
The only winner that could not attend the Gala was Pau Francisco Torres who was preparing with the Villarreal CF first team for their derby this Saturday at Mestalla against Valencia CF. Those who represented the Villarreal Women at the event were the double winners Aixa Salvador and Núria Sánchez, captains María Colonques, Laura Cuesta and Jessica Collado, as well as manager Sara Monforte and her assistant Noe Serrano. Representing the U19s were Álex Baena, Javi Cendón and Dani Pereiro.
In addition to the winners by Villarreal CF, several athletes participating in the Endavant Esports project were also recognised.